An individual residing in Dubai can execute a launch deed in India

The release deed and PoA will be considered as appropriately stamped and ready for presenting before the sub-registrar of assurances office.

If an individual lives in Dubai, how does he register a launch deed in India? Can it’s executed in Dubai? Please clarify the notary, registration and different necessities.


If an individual residing in Dubai wishes to execute a launch deed in India, it’s attainable to take action. The process could, nevertheless, be time consuming. It’s assumed that the discharge deed is pertaining to an immovable property located inside India, which is statutorily required to be registered as per the Indian legal guidelines and that the releasor relies in Dubai and the releasee or the one who is buying or in whose favour the releasor is releasing his rights is in India.

Along with the discharge deed, the releasor can even require to execute an influence of lawyer (PoA) for the restricted function of registering the discharge deed earlier than the involved sub-registrar of assurance’s workplace having applicable jurisdiction.

The releasor will execute the discharge deed and PoA in Dubai earlier than the Indian consulate at Dubai and the paperwork will bear the stamp and seal of the Indian consulate. Thereafter, each the executed paperwork, the discharge deed and PoA, will likely be introduced earlier than the involved stamp workplace for adjudication after the releasee has signed and executed the discharge deed. After such adjudication, the suitable stamp responsibility is to be paid by the events as mutually agreed between them.

Thereafter, the discharge deed and PoA will likely be thought of as appropriately stamped and prepared for presenting earlier than the sub-registrar of assurances workplace. The PoA holder for and on behalf of the releasor will seem with the releasee on the sub-registrar’s workplace having applicable jurisdiction together with their identification paperwork to register the discharge deed.

I’ve been paying the house mortgage instalments of a residential property because it was purchased greater than 14 years in the past. The property, which is within the Mumbai Metropolitan Area, is collectively owned by my mother and father and me. Will my siblings have any rights over this property? They aren’t joint house owners.

—Title withheld on request

It’s assumed that your mother and father and your loved ones are Hindus and are ruled by the Hindu Succession Act, 1956. Within the absence of your mother and father leaving a will, on the demise of your mother and father, all the youngsters, being class I heirs, may have equal share within the property, which in your case will likely be one of many mother and father and all their youngsters. In case your mother and father depart a will, their property will likely be distributed by way of their will.

On the time of the acquisition of the property, the acquisition settlement executed amongst you and your mother and father as patrons ought to have talked about every of the guardian’s share. Within the absence of no particular share of pursuits within the buy settlement, it’s assumed that every one three have equal share.

Your siblings are entitled to say their rights within the flat as authorized heirs of your mother and father to the extent of the mother and father’ share, except your mother and father bequeath the flat to you underneath a will.

Aradhana Bhansali is companion, Rajani Associates. Queries and views at

Subscribe to Mint Newsletters

* Enter a sound electronic mail

* Thanks for subscribing to our e-newsletter.

By no means miss a narrative! Keep linked and knowledgeable with Mint.
our App Now!!

Supply hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *